It truly has been a hot sec since I last posted anything on this blog. Honestly, I wasn’t in the right headspace to write anything, nor did I really want to write anything at all. Frankly, I just didn’t care and I really didn’t think anyone would care what I had to say. I’m not entirely sure anyone cares now. The difference is that it doesn’t bother me anymore.
So how has the last year been? Eventful to say the least. There were races (both successful and complete failures), anxiety, depression, family, moving, and so many other things. I basically hit rock bottom, stayed there for a while, and have slowly been crawling my way out. I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression over a year ago, but it wasn’t until last summer that that all really got to me. I let it affect my relationships and my life. Oh and I was basically a royal asshole for a while.
I plan on going in to more detail about the depression and anxiety in future posts, but for now I’m going to give a quick synopsis of the past 12 months:
- There was a Half Ironman. I did a crap job training for it and got a DNF because I didn’t make the time cutoff. I technically covered the full 70.3 miles and they gave me a medal and a hat, but it definitely doesn’t count to me. One day I’ll attempt the 70.3 distance again but 2017 and 2018 are not the years.
- I moved to an apartment with two roommates. It’s been fun so far.
- The 2017 Triathlon season was up and down. There were some epic failures of races and somewhat more successful ones. Thankfully I ended the season with an 8-minute PR at the Patriots Olympic.
- I have alienated and pissed off a lot of people. I’ll cover this in a future blog post but I am hoping that with time I can fix what was broken.
- I started a new job in April.
So that’s what I have so far. More to come.